Server Self-Test & Demonstration
This document exercises (and demonstrates) many of the capabilities of
your WebSite Pro 2.0 server and your browser. Please take the time to work
through each feature. Don't worry if the more esoteric features don't
seem to make sense; you'll know the reasons for them soon after you
start using the server in a development or production environment.
For additional information on these features, check out
the WebSite Pro Resources as well as
WebSite Central, which has updates,
Q/A, add-ons, betas, and more. If you are having difficulties, please
consult the Troubleshooting Tips or
Frequently Asked Questions. You should also join the
Use this checklist to verify your setup:
- You are using a browser that supports forms, image maps, tables,
and basic authentication (most do)
- You have enabled automatic fetching of inline images
- Your browser is configured to accept and view GIF and basic sound
- You have a GIF viewer and sound player installed and tested with your browser
- The WebSite Pro server is running
- You are reading this document from the server (not as a local file)
- For the Windows CGI examples, you have at least the Visual Basic 5.0
runtime modules installed.
- For the Access/VB integration sample, you have the Visual Basic
Professional runtime modules (or Access 95 and VB 5.0 Control Creation) installed.
- You have added yourself as a user in the Web Server realm, and
added yourself to the Administrators group.
List of Features for Demo/Test
Your new server has the capabilities you need to produce powerful yet easy-to-use presentations and services. It supports the following main features:
Back to WebSite Pro Resources
Copyright © 1994-97 O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.
All Rights Reserved.
O'Reilly Software Online, WebSite Central, WebSite, and
WebSite Professional are trademarks of O'Reilly & Associates, Inc.
All other names are the trademarks of their respective companies.